Effective Team Communication

Effective Team Communication

Saturday, January 23, 2010

BLOGGING??? :S

:S is probably the closest to what my face must have looked when I first found out that we would have to write a blog for CG1413.

To be frank, I have always been running away form writing. When I came to Singapore, many of my friends back in India asked me to start blogging so that they can catch up with me. I chickened out! I'm just so scared of it. It doesn't feel like we're made for each other.

And here it was. I have a whole module which requires me to write, and that too a blog, where people will criticize my writing and judge me by it (something which is definitely not the strongest of my aspects)!

Unwillingly enough, I created a blog and wrote a profile of myself. Then, as I sat down to write my first post, I remembered something we discussed in the previous class, the importance of reflection. I started reflecting on why I'm so scared of blogging in the first place.

"When I'm talking to someone, I usually don't think twice before what I'm saying. Then, why should I think ten times before writing something? My friends don't hate me for what I say (or so I think ;)). How is writing any different?"

As I thought more and more about it, I started to overcome my fear of writing.

"It couldn't be that bad!"

So, I thought why don't I start my blogging journey with what got me the courage to write it -Reflection!

No comments:

Post a Comment